0Shares0000Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla has suffered another injury setback. (REUTERS)LONDON, United Kingdom, Nov 28 – Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla has been forced to have another operation on his Achilles, prolonging his long injury nightmare and delaying his return to action.Cazorla has not played for the Gunners since October last year and said earlier this month he almost lost his foot due to a serious infection. Arsene Wenger had expressed hope Cazorla might recover in time to feature again in January but the 32-year-old has suffered a fresh setback.“Due to some discomfort in the tendon the last few days, I have had to undergo surgery,” Cazorla tweeted on Wednesday.“It is delaying the date of my return to the field. I maintain my hope and motivation to enjoy my great passion, football.”The message was accompanied by a picture of Cazorla making a gesture of prayer while in action for Arsenal.Wenger has admitted Cazorla’s injury is the worst he has ever known, with the player’s foot requiring a series of operations, as well as a skin graft from his arm.Cazorla joined Arsenal in 2012 from Malaga and has made more than 150 appearances for the club.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) read more
“We are going to put in all our energy,” he told a news conference in Casablanca, brushing off criticisms that the campaign had been delayed.“Our record is and will be irreproachable.”Morocco’s fifth bid, announced in August, faces fierce competition from a three-nation ticket of the United States, Mexico, and Canada.Fouzi Lekjaa, head of the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF), said he hoped the North African country’s bid would be “a candidacy for the whole continent”.“Between 1930 to 2030 — 100 years — the African continent has only organised the World Cup once,” Lekjaa said, referring to the 2010 tournament in South Africa, which beat a previous bid by Morocco.“It should not remain on the margin.”The committee has enlisted Ivory Coast legend and former Chelsea star Didier Drogba along with Cameroon international striker Samuel Eto’o to promote its bid.The host will be chosen on June 13, but the way the choice is made marks a change by FIFA, the sport’s world governing body.The decision used to be made by FIFA’s executive committee, but after suspicions over its selection of Russia and Qatar in December 2010, sparking a scandal that dethroned president Sepp Blatter, the committee was stripped of some powers and renamed the FIFA Council.The new-look council must rubber-stamp the bids, but the final decision will be taken in a vote of the 211 national federations at a congress in Moscow.Morocco’s bid committee hope to win support from the 53 members of the Confederation of African Football.CAF president Ahmad Ahmad has urged the sport’s bodies across the continent to offer “free and massive support” to the kingdom.The bid committee on Tuesday’s unveiled their leadership team, social media channels and logo: red leaves on a black and white football surrounding a star that symbolises “unity and brilliance”.Responding to a question on human rights, newly added to FIFA’s selection criteria, Elalamy said Morocco had made progress on women’s and family rights.The kingdom was “one of the safest countries in the world”, he added.The committee also played up Morocco’s infrastructure, including a high-speed railway, ports, stadiums and hotel capacity.They did not reveal how much was to be spent on the bid, but said each of the last two bids had cost around $15 million (12 million euros).0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Moroccan sports officials give a press conference in Casablanca on January 23, 2018, presenting their country’s bid to host the 2026 football World Cup © AFP / FADEL SENNACASABLANCA, Morocco, Jan 23 – Morocco is “fully mobilised” for its long-shot bid to host the 2026 World Cup, hoping to be a candidate “for the whole of Africa”, top sports officials said Tuesday.The kingdom “is not a non-starter — it’s a real candidate,” Moulay Hafid Elalamy said in his first public appearance as chairman of the country’s 2026 bid committee. read more
It was Real Sociedad who had gone 32 without loss in the 1979-80 season, only two away from finishing the then 34-game season as invincibles.But, in the penultimate match, Sevilla snatched a 2-1 win thanks to Ricardo Bertoni´s double, his second an 83rd-minute winner. Sevilla would finish eighth that year, Sociedad second, one point behind Real Madrid.Barca will almost certainly not surrender the league title if history repeats itself this weekend, their 11-point lead over Atletico Madrid surely too wide a gap to close, but they would give up the chance of being the first side to end a 20-team La Liga season unbeaten.They are now three games away from matching Sociedad´s best ever single-season streak and two from equalling that same Sociedad team’s longest run without loss overall, which amounted to 38 games when including the previous season too.After Sevilla, Barcelona play Leganes and Valencia at home, Celta Vigo and Deportivo La Coruna away before hosting Real Madrid on May 6. They then finish at home to Villarreal, away to Levante and at home to Sociedad.This Sevilla, although sixth and set to miss out on Champions League qualification, arguably represent Barcelona’s biggest obstacle in those final nine fixtures.Valencia, who are fourth, and Real, who would certainly revel in scuppering the bid, will offer stern tests but both at least come at the Camp Nou. Barcelona have not lost a league game on their own patch in 19 months.Coach Ernesto Valverde has never attached much significance to the unbeaten streak, preferring to focus his players’ gaze on the title, but as that prize becomes increasingly secure, he might see it as a welcome bonus.“We’re delighted with how things are going and that record says we must be doing something right,” Valverde said in February.– Bettering Guardiola –For his own legacy, it would give him something over Pep Guardiola, who oversaw only one league loss in 2009-10 and then 31 games undefeated in 2010-11, but never ended a season with a zero in the losses column.Fatigue will certainly be a factor, and priorities too.Barcelona and Sevilla both have an opening leg of the Champions League quarter-finals to negotiate next week and, with their fates largely settled in the league, each may choose to rotate.Sevilla are at home to Bayern Munich on Tuesday and Barca host Roma on Wednesday.The Catalans face Valencia three days before the return fixture and, if they progress, Real the weekend after the second leg of the semi-finals. Rotation is inevitable.For now, Lionel Messi is the key concern after he sat out both of Argentina’s friendlies against Italy and Spain over the international break due to a hamstring complaint.“We have to wait until after training,” Valverde said on Friday.“He has a little trouble which we have to take into account. Discomfort is one thing. If this leads to a muscle breakdown it is much more serious.”Goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, meanwhile, is nursing a knee problem picked up on duty with Germany and Sergio Busquets is unlikely to be risked this weekend as he nears recovery from a toe injury.Real have been less damaged by the international fixtures but Zinedine Zidane is also expected to have one eye on Europe when he picks his team to play Las Palmas on Saturday.Flying to Gran Canaria ahead of the trip to Turin for Juventus on Tuesday is not the best of preparations and it is likely those that turn out this weekend may then be left out in Italy.Gareth Bale, snubbed for both of the last 16 legs against Paris Saint-Germain, will be hoping his four goals in two matches for Wales last week has not gone unnoticed.Isco too, after he followed his hat-trick for Spain against Argentina by admitting he does not feel the same confidence at Real as he does with the national team.Elsewhere, Europa League hopefuls Girona are at home to struggling Levante before second-placed Atletico Madrid entertain Deportivo La Coruna and Valencia visit Leganes on Sunday.Fixtures (all times GMT)SaturdayGirona v Levante (1300), Athletic Bilbao v Celta Vigo (1615), Las Palmas v Real Madrid (1830), Sevilla v Barcelona (2045)SundayEspanyol v Alaves (1200), Leganes v Valencia (1615), Eibar v Real Sociedad, Malaga v Villarreal (1830), Atletico Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna (2045)MondayGetafe v Real Betis (2100)0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Lionel Messi is not fully fit as Barcelona head to Sevilla on Saturday looking to extend their unbeaten league run to 30 games © AFP/File / Pau BarrenaMADRID, Spain, Mar 30 – The last time a club was this close to an unbeaten season in La Liga, they came unstuck at Sevilla.Barcelona, with concerns over the fitness of Lionel Messi, travel to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium on Saturday, looking to extend their own undefeated run this term to 30 league games. read more
0Shares0000Jack Wilshere hasn’t played for England since a shock 2-1 defeat to Iceland at Euro 2016.LONDON, United Kingdom, May 16 – Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will not be part of the England squad at this summer’s World Cup, Sky sources understand.Wilshere becomes the second high-profile player understood to be told by manager Gareth Southgate on Tuesday he will not be involved in Russia, with Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, who spent the season on loan at West Ham, also believed to have been informed he has been omitted. Hart’s City team-mate Fabian Delph is the most likely to take the final midfield spot in Wilshere’s absence.Southgate called Wilshere up to his squad for the recent friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy but injury forced him to pull out.The 26-year-old won the last of his 34 caps in Euro 2016 when England were knocked out by Iceland.But Wilshere made light of his situation after he was offered a trip he simply could not refuse on social Media.An England fan asked the midfielder if he would fancy coming to Zante with “him and the lads” to where Wilshere replied saying “let me know the dates and I’m in”.Swansea defender Alfie Mawson will also not be included in the England World Cup squad after he underwent successful knee surgery on Monday, keeping him out for between six weeks and two months.Southgate names his 23-man World Cup squad on Wednesday.Watch the England squad announcement live on Sky Sports News from 1pm on Wednesday, and follow our blog on our digital platform for updates and reaction.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) read more
DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – Save-On-Foods will be opening a new store in Dawson Creek this Friday, April 12.According to Media Relations, the store will offer a wide variety of made-in-store meals, a pharmacy, and an option for online shopping.“Save-On-Foods is bringing its innovative offering to Dawson Creek including a wide variety of made-in-store meal solutions from the Save-On-Foods Kitchen such as a mix & match Wing Bar, fresh sushi and signature salads. In addition to an in-store pharmacy and a variety of local products on the shelves, it will also offer online shopping same-day pickup.”- Advertisement -The first official day of business will be this Friday with grand opening celebrations, promotions, and activities taking place all weekend long.The store is located at 11000 8th Street and will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., seven days a week. read more
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The local Passive House designed by Marken Design + Consulting won the National Energy Globe Award.The Energy Globe Award is known as a prestigious environmental prize worldwide, with more than 182 participating countries and over 2000 project submissions annually.The Energy Globe aims to raise global attention on sustainable environmental solutions while inspiring people to become more active in this area. Marken Design and Consulting and the City of Fort St. John came together to design and build the first Passive House demonstration project in northern Canada.The single-family residence is Canada’s first northernmost Passive House in North America.To view more on the Award; CLICK HERE- Advertisement –
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Comunity Development Institute is hosting their Leaders Lab Series with guest speaker Senator Yuen Pau Woo.On Wednesday, July, 17th, 2019 at the Northern Lights College, Room 202, at 7 pm join in this free talk by Senator Yuen Pau Woo an independent Senator representing British Columbia.- Advertisement -If you are interested in knowing more about the changes happening in the Senate, Senator Woo will shed light on how Senate reform has led the Senate in a direction that is less partisan; more diverse in background, gender, and qualifications.