No vaccines in Limerick yet WhatsApp Previous articleRugby – Munster’s Francis Saili out until ChristmasNext articleRugby – Munster’s Erasmus set for season debut Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie TAGSfeaturedlimerick fire and rescue LIMERICK City Fire and Rescue service were forced to temporarily decommission an appliance on Monday night last after members of the service came under attack from a gang of youths as young as 10 years of age.The youths, using rocks and other missiles, smashed the window of the fire service’s first response vehicle during a call-out.At around 5pm, a fire appliance attending a bonfire in the Fairview Crescent area of the city came under attack from youths throwing rocks.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up During the incident a large rock was thrown at the appliance smashing the driver’s door window.No firefighters were injured during the attack but the appliance was taken off the run overnight for repair.Gardai are investigating the incident.The latest reported attack comes just three months after a “vicious and nasty” attack on Limerick firefighters over the May Bank Holiday weekend was videoed and shared on social media sparking widespread condemnation.The attack in May promoted Fianna Fail’s move to enact legislation seeking mandatory prison sentences for attacks on frontline emergency service membersThe bill is to be put is to be put before the Dáil Eireann upon its return.Last Monday’s attack by a gang in a city housing estate had similar hallmarks to May’s attack where a gang of youths used weapons including shovels, a pool cue and even large rocks to attack a Limerick fire crew that was dispatched to a bonfire.Video footage was posted on social media capturing the moment a youth attacked a firefighter from behind, striking him with a pool cue, and then brazenly standing and confronting other firefighters.The violent attack, investigators say, was clearly meant to inflict an injury on the firefighter while Gardai say that Monday’s attack was meant to intimidate firefighters dousing the bonfire.Like Monday, May’s attackers used large rocks to throw at the crew members and to smash the windscreen of the fire truck.The latest incident, and similar incidents in the past, have been widely condemned with many calling for implementation of legislation to allow for full prosecutions, leading to mandatory jail sentences, for attacks on members of the emergency services.Limerick Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins said that attacks on emergency services were a “serious low in society, and something that should be eradicated with the appropriate deterrents.“It’s nothing short of a disgrace to see a small number of people attack emergency workers as they try to do their jobs,” said Deputy Collins.The legislation, if passed, would seek a mandatory five year minimum jail term for those convicted of such an offence.Last year the Irish Fire and Emergency Service Association (IFESA) called for the Government to review their decision to reject legislation allowing mandatory jail sentences for those convicted of assaulting and injuring emergency services workers.Nationally, there is an attack on a firefighter every 36 hours but Limerick is well below that trend, however, IFESA chairman John Kidd said that it is an extraordinary situation that emergency workers, who everyone in society says are doing a great job, are not being properly protected in the course of their duties,” he said. Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Linkedin Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April NewsYouths attack Limerick Fire and Rescue truckBy Staff Reporter – August 16, 2016 1075 Twitter Print Email Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended First Irish death from Coronavirus RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook read more
Masato Onoda for Watters(NEW YORK) — A Bridal Fashion Week model stole the show when her then-boyfriend dropped to one knee in the middle of the runway.Nicole Kaspar was the finale model in bridal fashion company Watters’ Spring 2019 show last week in New York City. And for the Dallas-based model, it started off like any show.“It was crazy and chaotic backstage,” she told ABC News. “I was supposed to escort [designer] Elias [Gutierrez] out for a final bow and when I turned to leave and go back to our place for pictures, he grabbed me and didn’t let me go.”Kaspar, 27, thought she had made a mistake on the runway. But soon, she’d realize that her boyfriend of two years, Chad Stapleton was actually proposing.Stapleton, who’s a dentist based in Dallas, told ABC News he had been trying to plan the perfect proposal for eight months.“I wanted to propose to Nicole related to something she loves and that’s traveling and modeling,” he said.And after meeting a Watters’ designer at their annual model search, the idea was born. He invited their parents to join him at the fashion show to witness it in person. And after Gutierrez’s final bow, Stapleton, 26, dropped down to one knee, proposing in front of family, models and press.Kaspar, who’s been modeling since age 15, said her now-fiancé pulled it off perfectly.“When Chad stepped out into the lights, I was just like in shock,” she gushed. “I kind of blacked out. Elias had to push me go move.”The model’s engagement ring, which has a cathedral setting, features an inverted ruby stone in the lower band. Stapleton said there’s a reason for it.“About six months into dating, we took a six-week European trip together, which is pretty fast for just dating,” the future groom shared, “but that’s how much we knew each other and liked each other.”Stapleton continued that he included a ruby in Kaspar’s engagement ring because it’s “the birthstone for July. That’s the month we fell in love.”The two are now looking forward to planning a wedding in Texas.“And I’m looking forward to starting a family,” Stapleton added.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. read more
Health officials have added four more symptoms to the growing list of potential coronavirus symptoms.The CDC updated the list recently to include congestion, runny nose, nausea and diarrhea as potential COVID-19 indicators.The original symptom list only included chills, fever, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and a new loss of taste or smell.Officials say symptoms may appear between 2-14 days after exposure, but they most commonly appear around 4-5 days after exposure.The list of symptoms continues to grow as health officials study and learn more about the virus.For a complete list of symptoms and other coronavirus related information, click here.